Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

2019 Hoops Talk

+4
dboy77_2000
DmanofGod1
tazzouz
HELLFISH
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2019 Hoops Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 Hoops Talk

Post by thebarnes23 Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:27 am

I wasn’t saying they were Dustin. I was showing why it’s false to say an illegal bid only matters if it’s the last winning one as stated bun taz above. It’s not the case. There’s several affects of a incorrect bid.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:28 am

But someone very well could put in illegal bids if we view it the way that’s said above. Shit there could be three wrong bids In a row and I bid 10m a year more than I should’ve had to because he was already won.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:34 am

Someone could very well put in a legal bid knowing that the previous bid was illegal.  Thus they scare off potential future bidders by submitting a high bid knowing full well they are going to get it at the cheaper price due to the illegal bid.

Did you do this?  I'm guessing not.  Everyone is responsible for their own bid.  It's on you to check if the previous bid was illegal or legal before you put pen to paper.  If they make a legal bid, it is good.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am

But I'm not a fan of illegal bid system anyway which is why we don't have it in the other league....certainly not for something so dumb as "bids remaining"

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:42 am

I don’t like the illegal bid system either. I don’t like it for trivial stuff which I’ve raised before even more, but I’m also not going to have a contract treated differently to others just because I disagree with the process.  I just want it consistent. If last year in the same circumstances the original bid that was honoured and used then that’s what I want used, because that is the process. I’m not trying to change anything here I just wanted it ruled the same as everything else. And this did happen last free agency and the bid prior to the illegal was awarded as the winning one as time expired 24 hours after that without a legal bid. I’m good with whatever the rule is on it there’s just got to be consistency on it.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:21 am

illegal - the fix is there no illegal bid. 

here is the rule in other Baseball and Football (not say it is perfect but, there no fish business going on). 

Illegal Bids: Updated 8/17/2015 
"No Such Thing as a Illegal Bid, each new bid will reset the 24 hour clock"
A: If a bid closes and the last bid is illegal and Wins, See Amendment A.1 (below) then GM will pay player with minimum legal bid required, legalizing the bid by going up on the Ca$h. If error is made on bid count, then Bid remaining errors should now count as a 2-bidder as we follow the "always go up, not down". if 2 bids place GM over the 3 count allowed then see B. If an owner catches their own error and corrects it before another bid is made, then correction stands and that time stamp becomes effective. At any time any GM can out bid any "Illegal Bid with a valid bid based on the prior legal bid.
        A.1: Correcting contract will be a cash increase. Step 1 determine the legalize bid. Step 2 GM must pay a minimum 0.3M(300k) per season or 10% of the season avg of the correct bid (whichever is HIGHER). https://salarysports.forumotion.net/t19514-illegal-bid-rule-amendment-bos#82280
B:  If a bid closes and the last bid is illegal due to Team going over the Cap/or over the bid count, the team with the last legal bid has the option to either take the player at the bid, or pass on the player. If the team chooses to pass, that team cannot bid on the player for 21 days and the player becomes a free agent again.
C: Bid ending with this type of situation A or B (Illegal Bid), the GM will be charged a 200K processing fee.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2